Friday, August 9, 2019

9 wk update




Today we hit 9 weeks which puts us closer to the end of the first trimester.  I am hoping at the end of the first trimester brings relief.  This baby has me feeling terrible.  At first it started as evening sickness.  Every night after dinner, I felt crummy and nauseous and overall, useless.   Starting this week, I have also felt crummy in the mornings.  It isn't just nausea but the hot flashes, feeling kind of weak and faint. I have also been super irritable with everyone and everything. Yesterday I made a point to drink A TON OF WATER (like my contract says to do -- which is ridiculous really that they said that just because I live in Denver -- the Mile High City) -- I was hoping that maybe between altitude and pregnancy, drinking a lot of fluids would make me feel better -- wrong.  It just made me have to pee all night.  GAH!

These are the little things that remind me why it would take a really really really (did I mention very???) special situation to do a compensation free surrogacy.  Feeling terrible and not being able to keep up with household tasks is hard on my family so the compensation helps to offset those negative feelings.








We just got back from our week long camping trip and it was a good time.  I was quite irritable during a lot of it, but considering I had just gotten back from a short trip to Michigan the day before, I think I handled it well.  We took the camper from here to Rapid City, SD and checked out many places around the area including Mt Rushmore, Custer State Park, Badlands and the Missile Training Silo on Ellsworth AFB.  Then we took the camper over the Cheyenne, WY and went fishing and checked out the town.  Unfortunately, during that part of the trip, my brand new phone stopped working so I don't have photos to post of the trip!


This baby has me craving weird things -- Sweets.  Anyone that knows me, knows I don't love sweets.  I rarely eat them.  It also has me realizing that I suck at high altitude baking.  Maybe I should just leave it to the professionals.  Between the nausea and sickness and the wanting sweets, it is reminding me of one other pregnancy -- the only boy I carried.  This is mirroring exactly how I felt when I carried Weston.  I craved DQ banana split blizzards with him!  So who knows -- maybe the guys will be seeing blue this time?

This is a fresh peach cobbler I made.  I was going to make it while camping, but our grill was having issues and no camp fires were allowed at either campground.  I had this for breakfast lunch and dinner on some days -- Don't judge  Feed the baby what the baby wants!

I had a sample of Lemon Blueberry Bread at a little shop Kurt & I went to a couple months ago.  Ever since I have been pregnant, I couldn't get it out of my mind -- all I wanted was some Lemon Blueberry Bread.  So I made some.  Recipe said 50 minutes to cook, it took 80 minutes.  Altitude is killing me here!


I still have 5 more weeks of shots -- not like I am counting or anything.  I have already been on shots for about 11 weeks.  I have had a few shots that almost dropped me to my knees and made me feel like I was going to pass out.  A few that bled like I was dying.  I never had problems in other journeys -- I am guessing just the wrong location but it is hard to tell since I am not giving them to myself.  But I am a pin cushion and I have about 48 shots to go until I can stop.  The RE usually does about 10 wks of shots but with the spotting I had, he wants me to stay on them for an extra month.  My poor butt!!!


How far along?  9w0d
Total weight gain/measurements: Since transfer day, I have gained 1 lb 

Maternity clothes: Not yet - My clothes are fitting well still
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Last night was miserable - had to use the bathroom many times, and just couldn't sleep
Best moment this week: Getting home from our camping trip so I could sleep in our bed
Movement: I feel the uterus twitching
Food cravings: Sweets -- what is wrong with this baby?
Anything making you queasy or sick? Every night before bed and now in the mornings too
Labor signs: Too Early
Symptoms: Fatigue, nausea, just overall funk
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Irritable
Miss anything yet? Still Margaritas
Looking forward to: Kids going back to school next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment