Monday, June 1, 2015

Second Ultrasound was Today!

Hello followers!

Today we had our second ultrasound.  We are currently 9w4d pregnant and this glorious ultrasound was not only to see the baby moving and grooving but also to officially wean from those meds!

Without further ado -- here are some photos of the baby that is growing quite well.  I got to see the little legs and arms moving!  I wish I was able to record it for my IPs but I was not. This ultrasound was not the best, but it did show exactly what we needed to see -- a healthy baby that is growing on target with a healthy heartbeat.

I labeled in case any one was looking at the photo wondering what exactly they were looking at!

This measurement showed 9w1d, but if the dot of measurement is slightly off, it will take away or add a few days so the 9w1d is completely within reason. 

Measurement was 9w4d

It is completely a wives tale but supposedly, the slower the heartbeat, means a boy (130-140) and a girl is higher (150-160).  But with anything, sometimes it is true and sometimes it isn't but it is fun to play the guessing game. The only guarantee is when the baby emerges-- then you know 100% what sex the baby is! :)


In true IF fashion, when he heard the heartbeat of the baby, he quickly sent me a video of a song that has the same beats per minute!  This is totally hilarious to me that he chose this song but when I told them that their baby was moving around like crazy, he knew this was the perfect song for this heart beat!   Not only that, but we had ONE embryo.  One little sole embryo that we were hoping would hang out.  This little embryo truly is a survivor and even better -- it is a baby now!  So amazing how quickly it is growing!
This is the sound waves from the baby's heartbeat.
With all of this great news, it means that by Thursday (10 weeks), I will be completely finished with weaning.  That means no more chalky suppositories and panty liners during the hot sweaty summer.  No more bruised butt.  Hopefully soon the numbness will go away and I will be able to feel my butt cheek again soon! 

Aside from that, i have lost a few lbs since getting pregnant (I had a few to lose) but my doctor wanted me to get a hold of my nausea so she did give something for nausea in addition to the B6 I am already using.  I am hoping once the extra hormones are out of my system from the supplements, it will level out and the nausea will be a thing of the past.  It is no fun feeling sick, but I signed up for this.  I knew that I might have a few months of discomfort or illness but that is nothing in comparison for what my IPs get at the end.  So you might see me complain, maybe whine but I don't for a moment regret this!  I am so excited for this journey and I couldn't have been matched with a better 'team' than E & L!  But my nausea has been so bad that sometimes I make food for my family but I am not able to consume it.  Last night was a case of this.  I made a homemade pizza with homemade BBQ sauce, steak slices, caramelized onions and cheese.  It probably would have been very good, but I just couldn't eat it.  The only thing I could eat was crackers and cheese.  I got in the shower and when I got out, my husband and oldest kids were not at the apartment.  He went to sonics and got me a huge banana split and it was the most amazing thing I have eaten in a while!  Not healthy, but it was good!



So next up are some photos and info about this gestation.  I take them right from a few different pregnancy tracker apps!  I like sharing so that everyone knows what is going on with the baby and what is going on physically with me. 


This is the size of the baby during the 3rd month between weeks 9-13


Recommended testing for this gestation

Info about the baby at week 9

What is going on with me during week 9
The chance of me posting again before late next week or even later is slim.  We are moving this weekend and will need to get our house established and internet for our new place! So if I am quiet for a bit, it is just because we are busy setting up house and getting the kids acclimated with the new house, registering them for school, getting me established with the new doctors/hospital!  I will check in as soon as humanly possible! 

1 comment:

  1. Squee! This is so awesome! I look forward to all of your posts on this pregnancy journey!!!

    ReplyDelete