Saturday, December 27, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

What are they?  Why are they broken so easily?

I think resolutions should be character changers-- things you want to see different in yourself.   It is more than just 'I want to lose 10 pounds'   It is being the change you want to see in yourself.  Making yourself richer than you were whether it is financially, emotionally or spiritually.  How much do you want to put into your 'bank' this year?  What change do you want to see in yourself? 

My list is extensive -- But they are all possible, most are things I can do myself and the rest is if the good Lord allows them to happen!

-This year, I am going to stop caring about what others think about me-- especially those who don't care about me in the same manner I care about them. I give so much of myself to others and it is not for things in return, but selflessly giving leaves others selfishly taking! This will probably be my hardest resolution for me, but it will have the most positive impact in my life and will put more in my 'bank' at the end of the year.

-With a lot of dedication and hard work, this year I resolve to graduate with my Bachelors of Arts and Humanities in Disaster and Emergency Management with a minor in Intelligence Studies.  That is a mouthful.  This has been a long time coming-- as a military spouses, I have moved here, there, back to here, then back to there then 'you're going overseas!', no wait jus--t kidding.  I started years ago in community college with my eyes set in nursing.  That might have to be a resolution for another year because this year, it will be this BA.  Maybe I will even start a Masters program to keep moving forward in life.

- I am going to lose weight -- for the first few months then hopefully gain a few pounds too.  Last year I resolved mid-year to lose weight by making a change in ME-- not by crash dieting or some gimmick fad, I started running, eating well and just being aware of my overall health.  Jumping right back on the bandwagon for that one next week and focusing on my overall health.  Wish I could say I was going to run an awesome race, but I am starting Physical Therapy for my hips to strengthen some muscles to help with my labrum issues.  So walking, exercise videos, eating well-- got it!

-With the weight loss, I am hoping with ever fiber of my being, that this year is the year of the surrogate baby for me/us.  I firmly believe that the sweetness of success will be much more profound after the bitterness of defeat I have had in the past.  This is more than a resolution for me... It is a dream for E&L as well.  All of the above resolutions, I do myself.  While I do have a big part in surrogacy, I am also aware that sometimes, we do everything right and it just doesn't happen.  It is sometimes little more than luck with actually achieving pregnancy.

-One last resolution that I will state is making myself available to those I care about.  That means more than just physically being available, but also emotionally and helping them to achieve their own goals or just help them by being available to them when they need it.  This means that I will not spend more time on Facebook than I do on the toilet.  (What can I say? The toilet is the most ideal place to catch up on FB posts by friends!)  But it also means that I have to care more about those that are in front of me that have to deal with ME every day than I care about those on the internet who don't give me as much as I give them-- I guess this just circled back to my first resolution about caring only for those that care about me equally! 

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we’ll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely you’ll buy your pint cup
and surely I’ll buy mine!
And we’ll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS

I won't forget about my friends that I have made in the past- some I will bring forward to the future with me and some will just remain in the past!  Some new friends I have made, they will continue onward with us--those who are bonded through the relationship of surrogacy are hard to divide-- E&L, we will forever remain friends because we have built a relationship that only few others understand!  Like I have remained friends with M&S and S&F, you too will always feel like family to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment