Monday, April 25, 2016

Fix #4 Revealed

So I got my 4th fix and it was a winner for sure!  The prices were a bit high on the bottoms but it was the first time I actually got bottoms since I joined Stitch Fix but I will talk more about the quality of the items sent vs the price later.  I won't chat too much about what stitch fix is, but if you want to know more about the service, check out my other stitch fix reveals.  I really feel that my stylist has my wants nailed down!

Here is my referral link if you want to sign up!  For $20, you get to play dress up and potentially try something you would never try in a store -- so what do you have to lose?

Melanie's Stitch Fix Referral Link

Here is my note from the fabulous Chelsea:


My beautiful fix all folded up in their trademark shipping style:


First I will highlight the Market & Spruce Girona Eyelet Detail Top.  $64  This top really is beautiful and fit me well.  It was a versatile top that could go with shorts, skirts, jeans -- pretty much anything! A shirt under this top is a requirement since it is not lined, but you could choose nearly any color to jazz it up. This shirt is the same shirt with all of the bottoms in the rest of the photos as well.
Verdict - Keeper



Next up Kut from the Kloth Cai Bootcut Jeans.  $88. 
I am typically a Target or Old Navy jean wearer.  I've never had any high end jeans.  I pulled these out of the bag and was wowed immediately.  They were a very thick and heavy weight denim.  I loathe shopping for pants and jeans.  Loathe it. I stick to what I know fits.  I don't step outside of the box of jeans that work for me ever.  That is one of the reasons I have not requested any bottoms prior to now.  I shimmied into them, buttoned them right up and they felt like a dream.  They fit my waist perfectly, hugged all of the right places... but they were super long.  Even in the petite length.  I could not justify keeping these only to spend more money to alter them and the boot cut wouldn't have fit quite right once they were hemmed anyway.  But, had the length been correct, I would have spent the amount that they asked me for.  They feel like they are totally worth it!
Verdict: Return


Kut From the Kloth  Gracelyn Pencil Skirt $58
I loved the color of this skirt, but it didn't feel very pencil on me.  It was just a miss in general for me.  It didn't hit the right length and was just mediocre to me.  I think I would have liked it better if the length was longer than knee length like most pencils skirts.
Verdict: Return


Margaret M  Emer Jacquard Print Straight Leg Pant  $98

These are a very hot item on the Stitch Fix boards.  People pine for this brand of pants and have them in multiple colors. I was very excited to receive these and they did not disappoint... but the price... the sticker shock. I almost didn't try them on because I knew I would want them if I tried them on.  So I tried them on... Like a glove.  They fit beautifully.  The color was a rich gem tone teal color.  They were perfectly the right length, the right fit and they were very flattering for my body and just about every shape I have ever seen this brand of pants on! 
Verdict:  Keeper


Gilli Kamile Knit Ruched Dress  $54
Finally, this dress.  This.Dress.  I saw this same dress on one of the boards but it was navy blue on top and floral and it was just beautiful so I actually requested this dress in my note to my stylist.  I try not to do that so specifically because that goes against the idea of using stitch fix -- If I knew what to buy myself, I wouldn't need someone to send me items to take me out of my comfort zone.  But I just knew I had to try this style on.  When I pulled it out of the box, I immediately thought "This is far too small-- no way it will fit me and even if it does, it will not be flattering!!"  I was wrong.  Totally wrong.  This dress was beautiful.  Simply gorgeous.  I really love the cut and style and this is one of those dresses that I feel that would be flattering to just about any shape.  
Verdict: Keeper



Here's the price list:

SO I would say that Fix #4 is definitely a success.  But with that.... I do have to give more information.  After my surrogacy, I feel so drawn to the pregnancy/labor/delivery/postpartum world and I just feel the calling to work in that field as I always have.  Nursing school is just not an option right now.  With my husband being in the military and the instability of where we will live plus the fact that we have 3 young children, I just cannot imagine being able to complete nursing school in the foreseeable future.  That doesn't mean that I don't want to do it, it just means that I have to put my family's needs before my own for a bit longer.

I have recently decided to become a certified labor and delivery and postpartum doula and the price of that is a bit over $1000 for the classes.  It is worth it, but I chose to keep the money I would spend on this fix and put it towards my doula class registration fee.  So I sent everything back... even the amazing dress.  And now I am kicking myself for sending it back because I really would have loved to wear it this weekend for the retirement ceremony we are traveling to go witness.

Since I had kept 5/5 in the past, Stitch Fix reached out to me and said "Looks like we missed the mark on this one!" and offered me a $20 credit for the next styling fee.  I emailed them back and told them that they definitely had not missed the mark and I wanted to keep Chelsea as my stylist.  They still credited my account anyway!  This company is amazing.

So come early June, I will be sitting in a classroom, becoming the next certified doula.  It's funny how surrogacy keeps impacting your life even once you delivered the baby and life seemingly turns back to normal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment