Friday, August 30, 2019

Post for 12 weeks pregnant!

I didn't get around to doing my 11 wk post last week 😔 but I had a good excuse.  My grandmother passed away on Thursday and Kurt was out of town until Friday evening so I just was busy with life. 

Here is a photo of my grandma a few years ago on the Lighthouse Pier by her house. 



I did however take a 11 wk photo before we went to the Colorado Spring Vibes game -- they are the farm team for the Brewers. 




 Last week, I also went to the midwife for a check up appointment.  They did a quick ultrasound to make sure I didn't have a subchorionic hematoma (SCH).  Everything looked good on ultrasound and baby shark was measuring right on point with a heart rate of 166.  


They did start me on aspirin 81mg to help ward off high blood pressure.  There is a few reasons that they think I could be more prone to it this pregnancy.  For one, pre-eclampsia is related to the father's DNA.  Since this is the first time carrying C's baby, there is a higher chance that I could potentially end up with pre-e or high blood pressure. I also was induced with Aggy for high blood pressure (but not pre-e) so again, more at risk.  Finally, pre-e is more common at high altitude.  We live in Mile High city so that means we are at 5,400+ feet at my house.  There is less oxygen here too.  The medical journals have shown that there is a higher incidence of pre-e at a high altitude and this is my first pregnancy here.  So 81mg of aspirin should help prevent!  Let's lessen risks where we can!

I flew to Michigan for my Grandmother's funeral on Monday.  It was a beautiful service and I was thrilled to be close to many of my family members for a bit.  Of course, with any family gathering, there was some drama and a few tense situations.  I mostly felt well on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday morning I woke up at 5am with a terrible headache.  It remained with me all day Wednesday and I woke up again on Thursday morning at 3am to head to the airport with this headache.  I tried everything I could to get rid of it, but I just couldn't.  While on the plane, I napped for a few.  Then I had a ginger ale because my stomach was hurting -- presumably from the bad headache.  Then I started feeling really bad. I got hot.  I got clammy and I started to feel faint.  Fortunately my aunt was in the seat right in front of me so I got her attention and she called for the flight attendant.  Then everything went black. I was still coherent -- just on the verge of passing out.  They put oxygen on me and I felt better pretty quickly. I kept the oxygen on me until landing.  Kurt picked me up and I made an appointment with my primary care doctor.  I went home, took a nap and then went to the doctor.  They ran some tests on me and aside from low blood pressure and a high heart rate when standing, nothing seemed to be substantially wrong with me.  I came home, napped more and just was out of it all afternoon.

Luckily, I woke up today, at 12 weeks, feeling so much better. I feel human again. I still have a dull headache but at least it isn't the debilitating headache I had been dealing with for 2 days.  Today I got a few tasks completed and took a short nap. 

Next week we will be in our 2nd trimester -- hopefully with that comes a great relief of all of these unsavory pregnancy symptoms.  Also with the 12 weeks came the end of shots!  Last night was my last set of shots for this surrogacy.  Hooray! 

This size comparison made me smile!  It reminded me of the most awesome macaroons I have had -- at Rowan's baby shower. They were made by E!  I am salivating thinking about them! Yes - I went back and found a photo of them!  😅



Here are the update for what is going on in this old uterus of mine and my 12 wk photo!




Also, something kind of funny, maybe it is because it is the 6th pregnancy. Maybe it's because this baby isn't mine.  Maybe its because I have been busy or I am getting old?  But I can't remember how far along I am until I look at the apps. I have been telling everyone that I was going to be 13 wks today.  Ummm nope!  Next week!

Maternity clothes: Soon -- they are coming on real soon.  For now it's the biggest bottoms I have or stretchy skirts.
Stretch marks? No 

Sleep: It has been elusive this week but hoping to get back into the swing of things now that I am home
Best moment this week: Spending time with my family
Movement: Starting to feel little twitches

Food cravings: Nothing specific this week.  Just carbs.
Labor signs: Too Early
Symptoms: Fatigue, nausea, just overall funk (Same as last week) and add faintness every now and then
Wedding rings on or off?   On
Happy or moody most of the time?  This week has been just emotional
Miss anything yet? Still Margaritas (Probably will be this answer until 40 wks!)
Looking forward to: Sleeping in my own bed for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment