Thursday, October 19, 2017

Gender Reveal

The amount of blogging I am doing this journey is indicative of how busy I am this time around! Between Stars & Stripes Doulas business and PTO stuff, plus cheer, baseball and everything else in between, I have just been super busy.

I finished shots at 13 weeks.  I have been feeling great.  No sickness at all this pregnancy. I have had pretty bad fatigue, but what lady doesn't in their first trimester? 

At 15 weeks, we went to a lovely little boutique ultrasound place to find out the gender of this sweet baby I am carrying -- that is being so kind to me!  So here's some photos from the ultrasound.




Baby snuggling with the placenta

So without further ado, here are the reveal photos that the fabulous Julie Gayler Photography  captured for me!


 




Yep -- That's right, Gayby is a little girl!!!  I am stunned - She's been so kind to me that I seriously thought she was a boy!  She looks fabulous and healthy and the dads are so excited that they will have a little girl to spoil!

In other news -- I got braces yesterday and they have me questioning life's choices.  They hurt pretty bad -- Keeping the end in mind here!

 

Finally, today I went in for an early gestational diabetes test.  Since I am not in the 'normal' range for BMI (Who makes these standards anyway?) I had to get 2 tests done this pregnancy.  I failed today's test as it was not fasting.  The soft foods that I can eat are all carb or sugar loaded -- so naturally, I failed today's test -- not significantly, but still. I have to now take a 3 hour test in the next week. I have never had problems with my sugar -- ever.  4 pregnancies and I haven't had an elevated result.  But today, I did.  Next test, the 3 hour, is fasting.  It is going to be brutal.  Drink this sugary drink on an empty stomach and sit there pregnant and starving for 3 hours.  Sounds like a dream! 

Hope you enjoyed this update and photos.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE the photos! Nice job Julie! Super cute Melanie (dress, boot socks, bracelets and YOU)! Hope your mouth feels better soon! SO forth it! Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete