Sunday, November 9, 2014

I would love to answer your questions...

I realize that surrogacy is not 'normal'.  It is not 'mainstream'.  Because of this, there are a lot of questions that people want to know the answers to but they are afraid to ask.

Don't be afraid. I will answer any questions you might have to the best of my ability or experience.  Nothing is too taboo for you to ask me and for me to answer.  If I don't have an answer to the question because I have not experienced it myself, I will have one of my good friends answer the question you might have (Most of my friends are already experienced surrogates-- there is just something about this journey that brings people together and keeps them connected in unspoken ways!)

Please ask me ANYTHING you might want to know the answer to.  How much to surrogates get paid?  Why surrogacy?  How do my kids feel about this?  What is it like to 'give your baby away'? (For the record it is not my baby to give away, it is their baby to have!)  ANY other question!!

I know especially in other countries where surrogacy is less heard of, there MUST be questions!  I allow for my blog to have comments placed anonymously so please, if you are one of E&L friends and you have questions, post a comment anonymously-- I won't even have it published to the blog (I admin the comments to make sure spam doesn't get through on my blog so I will take the question but not approve the comment so no one will see who is asking!)  Or if you know me personally and we are FB friends, please drop me a message or you too can ask anonymously on the blog!

The way I see surrogacy is that the more we educate, the more normal it becomes and the more people get to take this opportunity to create the family that they desire and the more favorable the laws become!  It is a win-win for everyone!!  I will post these questions and answer them in an upcoming blog and plan to do Q&A blogs periodically throughout the process!

So please ask away!!

3 comments:

  1. How did you find your agency? I'm looking into the same agency, and was curious more of your experience. Have you dealt with other agencies? How much do you get paid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually found this agency through a friend who worked there as a coordinator. She knew me from my Surromomsonline.com years and she was helping to find a match for the IPs. When I posted on my own FB that I was interested in finding a new match, she reached out to me and asked me to consider using an agency. I had a bad experience with an agency in the past so it was important for me to get with a good agency this time. I have had a great experience with Family Forward Surrogacy. This is the compensation package that Family Forward offers -- remember that each surrogate gets to choose what is best for her family so my compensation may not look just like this:

    http://www.familyforwardsurrogacy.com/compensation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you through a stitch fix group where you posted your blog :) I would love to know how your husband and kids felt about it! Having just had my second I know a pregnancy (temporarily) changes the dynamic for the whole family and is a sacrifice by us all! They must be very supportive...but what were some of the questions you answered to your kids about it? Also how did you emotionally prepare for giving away the baby that you had carried and nurtured for 9 months? I'm not trying to be negative by any means that is just a huge sacrifice and a huge gift to this couple. I can only imagine how hard it was--or was it something you were prepared for since that is the whole premise of this process? Also did you create the birth plan that you wanted or did your couple have a say in it? If they had wanted you to do a c section but you wanted a natural birth who gets to say what happens? I suppose all this is worked out in the contract. I have started at the beginning and am excited to read through your whole blog--thank you for sharing so people like me can learn more about the amazing journey of surrogacy!

    ReplyDelete