Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Transfer date update... sort of!

Hello blog followers!

I know I kind of left it hanging last time and said I would post the transfer date as soon I got the phone call.  I did receive that phone call and we were ready to set that date up... except some other exciting news happened too.  We sold our house. 

A few weeks ago I went to church and I sat there and it was about things we all need to let go of to have the most wonderful year ever.  Toxic relationships.  Doubt.  Anxiety and worry.  Yes.  We need to let go of anxiety and worry!  I had been so stressed about the move.  Sick to my stomach.  Awake every night wondering what I could do differently or how I could improve my chances to sell.  But the pastor stood up there and told me, Let go and Let God.  He will figure this out for me.  Release my burdens to Him and he will walk me down the path I need to go.  I sat there, with that spot light on me.  I swear there was a neon arrow pointing at me that said "He is talking about THIS girl right here!!!"  I listened.  I vowed to walk out of that church that night and just give it all to Him to help me through this walk.

I have been cleaning my house and staging it and making it ready for the market.  I was posting photos of my progress, mostly for motivation to continue to do it and hearing others cheering my progress.  Well, I sat in church that Saturday night. The next day a FB friend posted that she wanted to come over and look at my house.  She had been scouting this neighborhood for a while.  She is part of my beloved Stroller Warriors and we have known each other basically since I started with the running club.  She broke her leg last year and stopped the search for the house as she needed to recover from the surgery.  Just a few weeks ago, she was again in our neighborhood just driving through dreaming.  When I posted that we were actually selling, she decided to come look.  The best part?  She said "Don't worry about cleaning your house spotless, I want to know what this house will look like with all of my kids stuff everywhere!"

Her and her husband came over and immediately felt like they could start placing furniture and figuring out which rooms would belong to which kids.  So there it was-- let go and let God came through for all of us!  The timing was perfect for everyone and it just worked out.  We are doing this without a realtor and it really has been seamless. We are able to negotiate and talk money without too many uncomfortable moments.  So we are in contract and closing in April before her husband deploys.

Anyhow, with all of this excitement comes the information about the transfer date.  Due to the closing being earlier than our orders to move to Northern Virginia, we need to move into an apartment for a couple of months.  Then we will need to move all of our stuff in June as well when we actually move.  So we have postponed the transfer by a couple of weeks.  I am going to see if I can transfer the week of March 30-April 3 but it really comes down to availability.  This will allow me to help my husband move the first time at least and to clean the house and get it ready for the sale without having to worry about having too much physically on my body while trying to snuggle that little precious embryo in. 

So as soon as I do have an actual transfer date-- I will be sure to post it but for now, I am hoping the very end of March, beginning of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment