Monday, May 18, 2015

Another song to tie in this week's post! Shot shot shot shot

This song has been the mantra of my life since March 20.  Why you ask?  Not because I have been drinking like a fish.  As I bend over the couch nightly (get your mind over the gutter!), I hear this song, specifically the "Shot, Shot, Shot, Shot!" So the normal for shots is that there are no normals.  Some people get incredible lumps, bruises, numbness, pain, allergic reactions or the lucky ones have no problems at all with shots.  At this point, tonight I have had 61 shots administered in my bum in 2 months.  My estrogen is still every third night and my progesterone is every night.

Once we had a healthy ultrasound, I got my taper schedule. I was not excited to see vaginal suppositories on there -- lets just say that they are unsavory and chalky when they disintegrate.  But my bum has had it.  I have had a reasonably easy time, but my body has decided it should have a mild allergic reaction to the progesterone now.  The oil is so thick (think olive oil coming out of a syringe because that is what kind they sometimes use -- Ours is Sesame Seed Oil)  that it can cause knots.  Fortunately for me, I have only had one knot so that hasn't been my problem.  But itchy cheeks have been an issue -- as in my butt cheeks are terribly itchy from the oil breaking up and moving down.   So not only do I have itchy cheeks, but they feel sunburned too.  So I scratch sunburn Youch.   I also have big numb spots (which I suppose are better than big painful lumps!) 

With that being said, I counted down and only had 11 shots left until I was weaned and free!  However I have had spotting problems off and on for a week and a half now.  Doesn't seem to matter how active I am or if I lay on the couch, I am still spotting once a day.  There is nothing to be alarmed about and its barely worth mentioning except if it is my cervix irritated, then vaginal suppositories can make it worse.  So I have to remain on both shots until further notice.  This might continue until our next Ultrasound as well.  And I am on strict pelvic rest until further notice as well!

Thursday I went to the lab for the prenatal blood work -- I think they tested me for everything under the sun between now and the FDA testing -- plus I had to give two different urine samples! 



 This weekend we went to an airshow at the Air Force Base about an hour and a half away.  We had fun until the kids got hot and tired! 









Finally some photos and information about was is going on in this uterus with the little teacup. I can tell you that some days are great with sickness and some days are horrific.  Today being the latter.  I have felt so ill all day and evening.  Hungry I think, until I eat then I feel awful for eating.  Potatoes don't even sound good!!

Today we are 7w4d or 7w5d pregnant depends on the app/calendar so some of the information is from 7 weeks on the apps and some on 8 weeks!  But the baby is now between the size of a blueberry or raspberry but apparently my uterus is now the size of an orange so maternity clothes might be pulled out before long.  Right now I am doing just fine but as that uterus expands, I will not hold out on maternity clothes!  I need comfort!! I imagine the weight gain and tummy fluff is from the meds but I also know that I needs 300 more calories a day so bring on the ice cream and pickles (But not together!)

Starting to look more like a baby and less like a shrimpy tadpole!


Still in my regular clothes and have room to spare!
Wild how fast that baby is growing!  Just a few short weeks ago, this baby was a ball of cells and now it is moving and a heart is beating!  It is amazing! 




See Justification for Maternity Clothes! 
Oh thanks for noticing about my melons!  Bras kind of suck right now especially with sun burn.  Free the girls! 

So that is that!  Info about the baby and a little about my week!  And 3 weeks from today is the day that we move to Northern Virginia!  This weekend we are heading for Charlotte to go to the Nascar Race with 2 of our 3 kids so the little teacup will get to experience the rumble of those cars from the inside just as teacup got to experience Air Force jets from the inside!  Baby gets to be well traveled before it is even born but mom and dad like to travel to so its time for teacup to get used to being well traveled! 

PS Shot shot shot shot -- time for that now too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment