Friday, August 14, 2015

20 week update and a welcome back home!

 Hola followers!

I know it has been 3 weeks since my last update.  I was certain that I would be updating on the road, but alas, that did not happen! Our first stop, we had no wifi, nor did we have time to even sit down and write anything.  Here is a map of the stops we have made in the last 3 weeks. 


Due to the extensive photos from our travels, I will be breaking them down into different blog for each stop -- that way you guys can pick and choose what you want to read about!  But for this blog -- it is just a quick update on how things have been with the pregnancy and what is going on with the baby!

First off -- the belly pics from the weeks I didn't post:


This one is kind of a silly photo -- We were blueberry picking in Michigan and the lovely harness made it so much easier to pick blueberries with both hands.  We picked 2 of these buckets in just 30 minutes!

This was outside a bakery that has been open on the main drag in Kurt's sleepy little town.  We always have to stop in there when we visit Wisconsin.

And naturally, I had to get a honeybun to take this photo :)

Finally, a photo overlooking the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls -- taken at 20w1d.





Baby is starting to look so cute!

If you could peek inside with a 3D ultrasound, this is what baby would look like!  

I have felt substantially better these last few weeks but the heaving hasn't stopped completely.  I have taken an aversion to meat.  I can't eat it by itself anymore-- it needs to be mixed in with something.  The idea of a steak or chicken breast is meh to me.  I gained about 4 lbs these last 3 weeks.  I was surprised to step on the scale when I got home as my bump has popped out and I was expecting to have gained a lot more with eating junk on the road and basically eating only what baby wants.. I'll take that 4 lbs!

Finally, I had a package that I needed to pick up from UPS -- it was a surprise gift from my IPs.  I cannot say enough about how wonderful they are.  When I first embarked on this journey and looking for IPs to match with, I actually had crossed off the idea of international IPs.  I wanted a close relationship that developed naturally.  One that communication was open and flowed freely.  Somehow, I am so fortunate to have such amazing and giving IPs and I am so blessed that they chose ME to carry their baby. I cannot think of a higher honor than to be chosen to be in this position!  Not only is our relationship amongst us real and true, but they are so giving and thoughtful.  They often email me just to check on me or my children to see how they are doing.  They ask me how I feel before making any decisions -- even if I technically should have no say so in the decision.  They are just an amazing team to work with!

So with that, I got this gift from them.  I admit, this is my first ever little blue box and the sentiments are probably more beautiful than the item -- as if that is even possible!  Way back at the beginning, (I cannot even remember exactly when it was -- before her egg retrieval? before transfer? before positive pregnancy test?!)  I remember finding a 4 leaf clover and taking a photo and sending it to them as if we had just found our lucky charm!  And it was, in return, they have gifted me with this 4 leaf clover that I will always cherish!



Finally -- In less than a week, we get to find out if we are on team pink or blue!!!   If you feel inclined to do so, leave an anonymous comment here with your vote!  I have flipped and flopped both ways and now I think it is a boy again!  I have been right with one of mine and wrong with one of mine.  What can I say?  I am 50/50 with my guesses!  So don't side with me because my instinct could totally be wrong!

Off to write a blog for the first part of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment