Monday, August 31, 2015

Photos from ultrasound, Bump Photos and Update

I realize I haven't been very dependable with updates in the last 6 weeks but life has been pretty hectic!  I hope it slows down very soon!  I wanted to at least post the photos from the ultrasound and the newest bump photos.

With my dad in the hospital these last two weeks, I have been running up and down the road a lot and when I wasn't at the hospital, my kiddos were demanding my attention (and understandably so!)  I often forgot to take care of myself because I was so busy taking care of others but E&L's little girl reminded me often that I needed to take care of myself.  Being a surrogate is kind of surreal.  When you find out the sex of your own baby, you are frantic about finding the perfect name and theme for the nursery and picking out baby gear that fits the sex of your baby.  With a surrogacy, you don't have to think about any of these things so sometimes, it is easy to just forget all of the amazing things happening!  But this little girl kept bringing me back to reality and reminding me that I needed to rest and to eat too and not just take care of others.  She was a real blessing through all of this. 

Another blessing was E&L themselves. They have emailed me nearly daily just to see how I am holding up with all of the stuff going on in life.  They never seemed upset that updates to them had fallen to the wayside and instead they were asking how my father was or how I was doing and always offering a kind word of encouragement or support that helped me get through each day moment by moment! I will be eternally grateful for the friendship that we have made through out these last almost 12 months!  My father has vastly improved and although his recovery is not yet over, every day is a step forward for him and that is an amazing thing!

Here are some photos to hold you guys over until the next big update. 





This is the "It's a GIRL!' shot

Some of these images are a little creepy -- not just in this baby, but in all baby ultrasounds!



Until  next time.. (Which hopefully next time is sooner than it was last time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment