Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Today's ultrasound report and 31 weeks pregnant!

Today we are 31 weeks pregnant and baby teacup is doing fantastic!  She moves a ton -- all day but especially at night when it is time to go to bed.  Let's see how this works when she goes back home to UK with her mum & dad and are another 4-5 hours ahead of us!    Here are the usual belly photos and weekly update followed by the ultrasound photos!




This is my current state of affairs. I have this problem with this insanely huge belly that even maternity shirts don't cover so I am left out in public looking like this!
My OB appointment is tomorrow morning but first we had an ultrasound today to try to explain why this belly is measuring so big.  The amniotic fluid level was 14.4.  Teacup is measuring 3lbs14oz or 1.7kg (1730g).  Cervix was measuring 3.7cm.  So what I am saying in a bit easier to understand terms is that everything is just fine, my ab muscles are just worn out and I am measuring bigger than I should be because teacup made them push out faster!  Once again, teacup was tucked behind my right hip bone and her face was facing my back so it made imaging her face a bit harder to do -- but that has been her thing since the first ultrasound -- this was ultrasound #4 that she wanted to be stubborn!   I hope that in 9 weeks, she decides to turn towards the light and head out because face to the hip bone is not the most ideal position for birthing babies!



Three more profile pictures.  This tech too commented on Teacups pronounced nose!  I can't wait to see her little nose when she is born! 

This is my favorite -- that is her nose with her lips right below it and her face is tucked up behind the hip bone on the right.  I have never seen a photo this clear and it is just amazing to see those kissable lips. I can just imagine her mum and dad just kissing those sweet lips.    

This is all of the measurements of the baby and various things on me.  Placenta is posterior (or where it should be away from the cervix).  Teacup is head down (but we knew that with her face being behind the hipbone). 


These are two videos of teacup moving at night before bed.  The quality isn't great but she moves so much!  The music in the background is my sleep music, but she hasn't gotten that memo.  She is literally up ALL night long moving, which in turn keeps me up! I think pumping twice a night will be kinder on my sleep than this baby is!  I hope she learns to sleep when she emerges, maybe she is excited to meet her mom and dad and will want to see one of them at all hours of the day/night!

Will update after my OB appointment tomorrow as well but I don't think there will be any news after that -- just that I have floppy loose abs and that I have gained a bit of weight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment