Friday, July 12, 2019

Beta Results & More



I have vowed to try and do better with my blog this time!  I think I only published like 8 the last pregnancy!!

Even though we have been traveling nonstop, and this will continue, I hope to keep everyone updated!

On the way home from Virginia to Denver (a 26 hour road trip!), I had to stop on Monday to get my beta drawn in Kentucky!   Unfortunately someone somewhere got my birthday wrong and they didn't get me the results until Tuesday afternoon.  But the good news, I was already getting beautiful positives, so I wasn't that worried!

10.5dp6dt or about 16dpo
I finally got the results and they were great.  This is what I sent the daddies!


We finally made it home Tuesday night and Wednesday morning I was heading to the lab to go get my next beta, progesterone and estrogen drawn.  Again, we had issues with paperwork at the lab and my orders were not in the system.

But first, that morning I had to take some pregnancy tests to compare to beta numbers.  I bought a few tests in UAE because, why wouldn't I right?  The instructions are in arabic but a pregnancy test is a pregnancy test -- two lines and you are knocked up.  (Too bad when I made this graphic, I didn't realize my phone took the photo of the instructions upside down, but I wasn't going to change it!)

12.5dp6dt or about 18dpo

A few more good solid lines -- What would my beta be?  Probably around 750 right?  My doubling rate with Rowan was 41 hours.  With Aggy it was 46 hour doubling time.

And for comparison beta numbers for each.
Rowan:15dpo 309, 18dpo 971
Aggy:  18dpo 473, 20dpo 970

So those were some nice healthy numbers that resulted in some beautifully healthy little girls.  So what does this number mean?  At around 18.75dpo, my results came back pretty high with a doubling rate of 27 hours.


In fun, I sent a message to the guys asking them if it was one or two chicks.  The coordinator said she was interested in seeing if there was as splitter at the ultrasound on July 23.  So naturally the guys and I talked about which minivan was the best since they were going to be the Fab 5 in a few short months!  Reality is that this number is just a number.  It *could* mean a splitter.  It could mean that we have one really healthy little baby growing and thriving.  Either way, everything looks exceptional for the pregnancy.  And I am hoping and thinking that it is just one, but it sure is fun to tease the guy that it could be two!~

So where are we now? Today we are 5 wks and baby is the size of an orange seed.  And I am not having a ton of nausea but the fatigue is killing me!!  Every day, around 2pm, I can no longer keep my eyes open.  I have to lay down to take a short power nap or I just cant make it through the afternoon.  I am also kind of a monster -- I have a very short fuse right now.  I don't know if it is the pregnancy, the hormone shots or the nonstop travel, but whatever it is has me crawling out of my own skin! And yes, I do realize I created this myself.  I try to remain positive throughout everything but you know, reality is that life isn't always perfect or beautiful.  I am flat out tired right now and sometimes I am lacking getting things done around my house or for my family.  That is reality!

Finally, when pregnant with sweet Rowan, I made almost the same road trips.  I also caught a blood test on the way out of town, drove to Denver, then we drove to Mount Rushmore (Which we will be going to at the end of July on a camping trip) and to Wisconsin.  Next week we head for Wisconsin.  Here is a blog from that road trip - Road Trip & Ultrasound Update

Rest is for the weary!  I will be sure to update after the July 23 ultrasound! 

No comments:

Post a Comment