Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Oops I did it again...

Probably just got that song stuck in your head but I wanted to share some big updates with our followers!  But what is it that I did again?  What is our big news?

First, my oldest daughter and I went to UAE for 3 weeks to visit our best friends and this was the trip of a lifetime!  It was seriously an amazing trip and we saw so many spectacular and moving things and ate so much great food!

Here are a few photos to show you just what we were up to...


Desert Safari - Abu Dhabi
Souk - Dubai
Snoopy Island - Fujairah
Pearl Journey - Eastern Mangroves, Abu Dhabi
Domes at Presidential Palace, Abu Dhabi
Grand Mosque - Abu Dhabi
   
What I didn't share with the world is that before I left for UAE, I started my estrogen injections so that meant that the entire time we were on our trip, I was doing injections... Which also meant headaches for a week towards the end.

We flew into Dulles, I dropped off the kid with a friend and ran quickly to Richmond to get a lining scan to see how the estrogen was doing in my system.

At the time of scan, Dr. Steingold was pleased with my triple stripe lining and the 12mm thickness and I was instructed to start Progesterone 3 days later with a transfer on 6/27 -- 27 happens to be my lucky number!

So off I went to drive back to DC to catch a flight to New Orleans for a chance to see my husband that I had not seen since before I left for UAE and also hang out with another of my best friends -- remember Crying Doula?  Melissa?  Yeah I got to hang with her too!
 
Last drink before the transfer - a yummy FRose with Melissa!
                        
Then I flew to Denver for a night and back to DC for the transfer.  But before the transfer could happen, I threw out my retainers and I had to fly back to Denver to get a new set of retainers.  Terribly expensive and inconvenient mistake, but I made it back on Wednesday night at midnight -- Just in enough time to make it for the embryo transfer on Thursday. 


Here's some photos from that day.  Of course we had to replicate the day of Rowan's transfer and again we went to PF Chang's for lunch then off to the clinic.




We transferred a beautiful 6 day hatching embryo. The photo of the embryo was taken right at thaw but before it was transferred, it was actively hatching which is a great thing!  The embryo was rated a 3AA and was from C's embryo batch.  Last cycle, they took 8 donor eggs for each guy from the same donor and created embryos.  Rowan was E's biological baby, of course both daddies are her daddies, but this time, they chose the best embryo from C.






















These are the announcements that Melissa made me to tell the guys.  I started getting positive tests around 2.75dp6dt.  That means 8.75 days past ovulation or about 5-6 days before missed period.  I couldn't tell the guys until I had a no shit positive.  With my direction (and no internet), Melissa made these with my 4.75dpt photo.  My favorite being the Pregnant AF one but I knew that maybe that isn't appropriate for everyone -- appropriate for mine and the guy's relationship but maybe they didn't want to send that to mom lol  So she kindly created two other graphics and carried out my full intentions with me not having internet -- she's the best!



Of course I have to keep testing!







Their Little Wingman is due March 13, 2020 
(FYI - a wingman can be a girl or boy -- We don't know the gender of this baby!) 




Next up is Beta in a few days to say how strong these numbers are for this baby growing!  Can't wait to see how this pregnancy compares to my last one with the guys. May this be a smooth journey with wingman like it was with baby Rowan -- it was my easiest pregnancy by far... crossing my fingers for no morning sickness!  But the first trimester fatigue has already set in and I woke up at 2am last night with extreme nausea so there's that! 

And this is how I currently take my Alcohol -- Right out of the freezer and put it on my butt to freeze the spot before my injection -- Only 9 more weeks or so to go of shots.  I already have wretched muscle knots from a month of shots.  The joys! These freezie drinks are perfect for this gig  -- No more wasting veggies when I forget to put them back in the freezer lol


No comments:

Post a Comment