Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Lining measurements from today's appointment!


 Had my lining scan at o'dark thirty-- well that is a slight exaggeration but I had to be at the ultrasound department at 0715 this morning.  The ultrasound went great.  My lining is a perfect 13.2 triple stripe.  I had lots of little follicles but no lead follicle (which is what they want!)

The report of follicles and the lining.  This is in cm.  The target lining for transfer is usually between 8-18mm that they want so my 13.2 is perfect.  They want the follicles to be less than 15mm or so to ensure you are not ovulating so my largest one is 9mm so everything is perfectly normal. 

This photo shows the majority of my uterus.  The uterus takes up the nearly whole frame.  The white line in the middle is the lining.  You can see two little circles on either side of the line that shows the thickness of the lining.   You have to look hard to see the little indicators of the edge of the lining. 

Another view ot he uterus-- the white in the middle is again the lining but the ultrasound wand was slightly to the side so it didn't show the complete thickness of the lining.
I went down from the ultrasound department and headed to the lab to get my progesterone and estrogen drawn.  My coordinator is out of the clinic today so I was able to get in touch with another coordinator so that she can look for my results and give direction about starting progesterone injections soon (tonight or tomorrow maybe?)

My husband has been in the field playing Marine for a few days so I had a girlfriend come over last night for my injection.  We watched a video, I iced it up, I showed her where to give it (right next to the bruising from the other injections!) then she went to give it and was nervous.  Stopped.  She was more nervous than me.  But if I was giving it to myself, I would have had to think about it a few minutes before going through with it.  When she did do it, she did awesome and it didn't hurt so it was good.  It was the first injection she had ever given-- see anyone can do your injections for you!  She is going to be my travel buddy for the transfer as well so she will be giving me more next week! 

So as long as everything is good with my blood work (which we are expecting it to be fine!) we will still be transferring Tuesday, April 14.  We don't have a time set but Melissa and I will be traveling up to DC on Monday in preparation and visiting a friend and my new neighbor in the hospital up there.   I will get assigned a transfer time on Monday at some point and it will be on Tuesday between 12 noon and 5pm.  E&L Have already graciously told me to stay an extra day to relax, but we have closing some time on Wednesday and I need to find out the time for the closing so we can see if we can stay an extra day or battle the DC south traffic on Tuesday evening!

And for what you have all been waiting for-- my pee test stash shot! 



 When Melissa came over last night, I showed her how many I had.  Something like 40 cheapies, 4 walmart $.88 tests, 3 generic (have no clue what brand), 6 FREDS, 4 digitals.  She asked me 'Think you have enough?'  Uh no!! There are never enough tests.  Ever!  Don't worry-- I had my psych eval done and they said I am not crazy so don't worry about E&L's baby -- it will be just fine with me -- I just have a pee stick problem just like 98% of surrogates!!!  There is something about knowing that exact time when you got pregnant and knowing when you could *possibly* get a first positive test.  A lot of us do this and it is totally normal in the surrogacy world-- I swear!

So yesterday I was back at Walmart for something else--- right next to the pee stick department.  What is better than 50 tests? 8 more!! You can't beat a buy one get one free.  So I didn't leave them sitting on the shelf.  I bought 3 then got 3 free :) 


Let me guess-- you want to know when I will start testing too right?  I'll never tell! 



***EDIT***
Just wanted to add that the clinic called me and at first said that there was fluid in my uterus and that the doctor would call me tomorrow to advise me as to what I needed to do regarding starting progesterone tomorrow.  I got a bit worried wondering if the cycle would be canceled.  About an hour later the nurse called me back too and she had apparently gotten a prelim report that said there was fluid but that the final report done by the department head said everything looked great, no fluid and triple stripe lining meaning that we start progesterone tomorrow and all is a go!  We will have our transfer time assigned to us sometime on Sunday for our Tuesday appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment