Saturday, April 25, 2015

So I think the tests confirm that we are definitely pregnant!

As crazy as this sounds, I wasted pee this morning-- meaning I did not test!  I thought yesterday's test was enough confirmation that maybe I should stop testing!

Upon a little research, I found out that it looks like the lowest beta that this test will register as 2-3 weeks pregnant is around 156.  Here is the link I found this information from just for research sake!

For my readers that may use these tests in the future, here are the levels for the different weeks shown on the display

Less than 10, Negative

11-155 1-2 weeks post ovulation
156-2599 2-3 weeks post ovulation
2600+ is 3weeks+


Research regarding hCG levels and Clearblue Dating Digital Pregnancy Test

We had just turned 4 weeks pregnant (or 2 weeks past ovulation as the test reads) the day before.  The levels that the test will read are 1-2 weeks past ovulation, 2-3 weeks past ovulation or 3+ weeks past ovulation.  So this test reading means we are on the higher end of normal which is great!  If we had the lowest beta possible to be read, then by Monday, we should be expecting a beta of about 450 or higher.   I do plan to use a test or two the morning of the betas so I can compare the tests with the number. 

And just to confirm, I used about 37 different tests and every type had a positive!





Also, morning sickness has taken me by surprise this time--- wayyyy too early!  I didnt start sickness until probably 6 weeks in the past--but this time, apparently the sickness can be amplified with the hormone injections.  Just general malaise and heaving all day long.  Grandma in the UK used ginger tea so L suggested that to me.  So I went on a quest yesterday and purchased ginger lemon tea bags, ginger roots and a tea diffuser.  So far so good.  Thursday was awful, yesterday was bad, today seems to be better.  But when I get up and moving, it brings on the heaving. I think I should just hang out on the couch and veg! 



Here are some little updates to see what is going on with this little jelly bean (by the way, I was calling it jelly bean yesterday before the Stroller Warriors work out and they had jelly beans there.  First one was lemon, yummy.  Next was a berry one.  Then I popped a black licorice bean in there and blech I heaved in front of everyone :(  So maybe I will have to think of another nickname other than jelly bean.  Taking suggestions!

This app is so cool because it shows what the baby looks like and best of all, it let me sign up as the mother's friend instead of just the parent so looking at it saying "Your friend's baby is..." is really cool!  



More info about the embryo growing into a baby and also what is going on inside of me! (This app didn't let me select someone else as being pregnant though)






Also -- I was able to schedule the ultrasound locally and that will be done on May 12.  So exciting for this to come along but it seems so far away!  Next up, beta results on Monday & Wednesday but I won't post the results until E&L know the results -- after all it is their baby :D

No comments:

Post a Comment