Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Stitch Fix #2 Reveal - It's a good one!

I love checking out pinterest and peruse everyone's fixes.  These women have some beautiful fix reveals.  The photography and background is gorgeous, their fix ALWAYS fits well.. it is pretty amazing that a stranger that has never laid eyes on someone can choose clothing for someone else! 

Before we get started, what is stitch fix?

Stitch fix is a personal shopping experience where you pay $20 for a stylist to send you 5 different item that he or she (yes there are men stylists with Stitch Fix!) sends you, you try them out and you either buy or send back!  If you purchase one item, that $20 stylist fee actually goes towards the item so what do you have to lose?  If you purchase all 5 items, you get a 25% discount on everything plus the stylist fee is discounted from your total.  You can schedule fixes or you can manually request them -- so you can get them as often or infrequently as you want -- no minimum requirements ever.

How does your stylist know what to send you?

First you fill out a long profile asking about sizes and your needs -- casual, dresses, office wear -- and you fill out questions about what you would like to see in your fix -- bottoms (skirts, shorts, pants, dresses), tops (tanks, long sleeves, sweaters etc), outerwear including jackets and vests, shoes, accessories including jewelry and bags.  You also get to choose how much on their range that you want to spend for each category.  You also get to write your stylist a note -- do you have a special occasion coming up?  Need a new pair of jeans or a blazer?  You write that write in your message.  Mine says all casual items with natural machine washable fibers.  What can I say? I am a mom and need simplicity in my life.  And finally, you can link your pinterest board to your profile so your stylist can see what you would like to see sent to you. In fact, every single item I have in my fix was pinned (or something similar) on my pinterest Stitch Fix Inspirations Board.

If you choose to try out this personal stylist service, please consider clicking a link so that I can get a referral credit -- and if you like it, your friends can sign up and you can get a referral credit too! 

My Stitch Fix referral link

So without further ado, here is my amazing fix.  I have to admit, I cheated and peeked when I saw it was on the way... I knew immediately I would like everything except maybe the chambray shirt but I started thinking about ways to style this piece, it might just be a 5/5!!

Their trademark beautiful packaging with a sneak peak to your beautiful new duds.


The personal note from your stylist as to why they chose the items they did and they also recommend mixing items from the current fix or previous fixes to style these items together.  I have only gotten tops, so they aren't able to recommend an entire outfit yet for me.

Item number one I tried on was this gorgeous tank. I was so excited for this one.  I had pinned it but I wasn't sure how it would look.  The fit is so flattering on my less than perfect (okay let's be honest, totally squishy belly!)  Verdict KEEP!


I absolutely love this tank and I chose to style it with a pair of capris and sperry casual shoes.  This is a great outfit for me to wear to Disney and I think it is casual enough for disney, but I can still look stylish for photos!

I adore the print on this top!
 
Next up, I tried the next top I was very excited about.  This mixed fabric top looked promising.  It is loose on the front side.  It is casual yet chic at the same time.  Except the fit... It is a terrible fit on me.  The back looks super cute.  The front is too short and it just leaves me looking boxy.  Leaves nothing to be desired for sure!  Verdict -- SEND BACK FAST! 

I really wanted to like this.  I thought the idea was so cute... But this is why we try the styling service.  You don't like it, you send it back! 

But the back is so darn cute!

The materials are beautiful.
Next up is this gorgeous lace top.  Another one that I pinned this exact top on.  I love this top but I could have used a bigger size.  It is also a bit delicate for me to wear around kids and since we don't do fancy dates, I just think this would sit in the closet with the tags still on it.  Although the shirt is so blissfully soft, the lace is delicate.  Verdict -- RETURN

 It is an okay fit -- the length is long enough, seems okay in the chest, but could use more fabric in the midsection for me.  Would look great on another woman, its just 'okay' on me though.

Hugs me in all of the wrong places.

Close up of the lace detail



The chambray shirt -- When I saw it on the peek, I thought "No Way!!" but that is the beauty of this.  I tried this top on and and I didn't hate it.  I think I would need to size up.  I think I did okay styling it, but it wouldn't get a lot of love in my closet.  The material of this is ... like heaven. I cannot even explain how soft this material is... It is like clouds surrounding you.  It is amazing and I am really picky about fabrics.  Verdict - RETURN



Couldn't decide if I was thin enough to do it belted, so I tried it belted and unbelted.


Close up of fabric/print


Finally, this dolman was what I consider my do-over for the last dolman. I love the way dolmans look but the last one just wasn't working for me.  My chest took up all of the extra fabric and it was no longer a dolman. This one, I had pinned on my board and it has this band that will work now and when I lose 20 lbs.  The band hides that squishy belly so well. I was unsure if it was too tight or if the fit was good, but upon posting a photo on the B/S/T group, apparently, I am just really critical on myself and I should keep this top!  It is super soft and feels wonderful.  



So what do you think?  Do you think Chelsea knocked it out of the park?  She had a lot of my rules she needed to follow and she followed every single one.  Just because the fit is off, does not mean she didn't do a great job!  I think she did fantastic.  I wish all of this looked wonderful on me, but even when I choose my own stuff off of the shelf, I don't pick things that fit every single time (or even half of the time! LOL)

Also, today was my Ipsy delivery too!  What is ipsy? It is a $10 a month beauty bag delivery service.  They send you a cute bag filled with full sized beauty goodies.  This month was a fun one.  The bag alone makes me smile monthly but I have gotten many really wonderful products in this little bag.  My favorite was a hair product that was full sized and it costs $18 at kohl's to purchase this one item and yet I got that and 4 other products plus a cute bag-- all for $10!


If you want to check out Ipsy, I do get points for you joining! So please use my referral code if you are interested!  Ipsy Referral Code

That is it for now! I still need to post a step-by-step packing of the 5 coolers of 2,000 ounce of breast milk that went to the preemies milk bank 2 weeks ago. I already have 5 more sitting in my garage for next week too!  It's crazy how quickly that milk stacks up.  I also got the most darling photos of Ms. A in the last week.  One of her and her daddy before Valentines where he declared that she is his, forever.  Of course she is.  She will always have a Valentine in her mummy and daddy!  Also, I got one today of her smiling this gorgeous smile.  She truly is darling but I feel like it was so long ago that I delivered her.. it almost doesn't seem real anymore.  Such a beautiful thing -- surrogacy!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment