Friday, December 4, 2015

36 weeks and we will be having a baby THIS MONTH!

How crazy is that?  A journey that started more than a year ago with E&L and for me a journey that started more than 8 years ago is finally coming to an end!!  It is pretty unbelievable.  E&L could have their baby in their arms anywhere from now until New Year's Eve.  (I am thinking positive that I won't go over my due date because I haven't yet!)  According to the pregnancy app, we have 3w5d left. 

This week I got a cold that turned into wheezing.  It is quite miserable.  But in true maintenance issue form for our house, it flooded last week. They had a contractor come out and replace a faulty sump pump last week.  We have been having issues with this pump since we moved in.  It caused a sewage smell in our house.  I am happy to report that we no longer have a sewage smell in our house... but the contractor forgot to open the closed water line and it was for the grey water leaving our house. I ran a bath, 3 loads of clothes, a load of dishes, washed dishes by hand and any other times we used the sinks or bathtubs in the house.... Well that water all backed up all over our floor and we had boxes packed for a move.  Of course we had them on the floor of the basement because that day was a sunny, nice day.  No chance of flooding... except we were the unlucky recipients of an incompetent contractor! 




So now I have respiratory funk causing wheezing and coughing and all of the other really lovely things that go with being whale sized like a bladder that leaks when you cough hard enough! 

So here is the 36 week update and bump photo for what is going on inside this body of mine....





Finally, my nesting has happened like crazy for the last minute stuff I have had to get done.  One of the projects I did the other week was organize breast feeding supplies.  I pulled out my tubs and charged pumps and washed bottles.  I got a stackable drawer system to stay organized and set it up next to the couch that has a table and also cup holders for the water I will need to drink.  I am strangely excited about pumping.





Finally - on Black Friday, usually Kurt and I go out shopping but this year, we did it all online.  We got a great deal on an upright freezer and had it delivered this week too.  Need to get this beauty hooked up so that when teacup makes her appearance, we have a place to start putting milk!




I need to meet with the doula this week to get everything finalized with her. We actually have a signed copy of our birth plan in place.  She was great at facilitating all of our needs and mostly explaining things to the IPs about what their choices were for various different aspects of the process. If you want to check out an excellent Doula in the DC area, check out Melissa with Anchored In Hope -- Birth Services Just having this in place and knowing our desires and needs makes it all very real.  I will take it to my OB on this Thursday's appointment to get approval from her.  I will likely be having my cervix checked at this time just to be able to give the IPs an idea of whether or not 39 weeks is still a safe time to wait to come.  Obviously a cervix can change quickly but if we are very effaced or dilated, they may want to consider changing travel plans so we all agreed on these checks just to be diligent with planning!

I think that is it for now... just getting excited and getting bags packed and paperwork finalized!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment