Thursday, December 10, 2015

37 week appointment

Today I went into an appointment after having contractions all night.  They started around 8 but never got more painful or closer together and fizzled out around 2 am.  Ive been having a lot of contractions off an on lately and thought I might kick the provider if she said, "Nope, your closed up like Fort Knox!" 

When she did a fundal height exam, I was 40+ weeks and she felt around and baby is head down.  She also said that teacup felt like she could be about 7.5 lbs. I know this is a GUESS but it does not feel like she is small and that matches with the fundal height and the fact that the ultrasound measured her to be almost 4 lbs at 30 weeks.  When she did the cervical exam, I was dilated to a 3!!  This is baby 4 for me so it is to be expected, except with baby 3, at this gestation, I was only fingertip -- not even 1cm!! I was actually 3cm when I checked into the hospital in labor with her!  So with that being said... these contractions are doing something to my body and it could be any day or week or even next month!

I told my doctor that I was waiting until after Christmas to have teacup since her parents wouldn't be here until right before Christmas... she kind of snickered and said 'Good luck with that!'  She asked me if I really thought I would make it to my due date.. I am not sure as I have never had this many contractions before during a pregnancy.  So I am on strict orders to keep my knees closed..... Next appt is next Wednesday morning and my photographer and doula are on standby ready to pack up and head to the hospital at a moment's notice!!! 

YAY For progress!!  Now who needs to edit the baby pool guesses?  I am one of those people LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment