Wednesday, December 9, 2015

37 week update!

So today, we are considered term.  Meaning at any time, teacup could make her grand entrance! I just cannot believe that the time is upon us!  With knowing that delivery is coming soon, I am getting a little nervous, just as I do before every delivery.  But I am in a cycling group where some of the surrogates have had issues with placentas and hemorrhaging.  We have our birth plan all complete and even have a 'what if?' in case a c-section is needed.  My chances are lower with 3 vaginal deliveries of healthy sized babies but there is ALWAYS a chance for that.  But I think if I had to go to the OR, my anxiety would be so high, they would have to knock me out. I know women have these every days and there is nothing that makes me think that a section mama is 'less than' a vaginal delivery mama, I just know that the thought of being cut open while AWAKE scares the HELL out of me.

I have been having a ton of contractions lately and some that I can even time because they last and they are happening frequently.  But then they fizzle out.  One of the most nerve wracking parts of the end of pregnancy is wondering with every twinge, contraction or any other symptom "Is this it?"  Please teacup, when its your time, just let the water break so there is no guessing whatsoever.  Just make it easy for me to discern 'Is this real labor or not?'  You would think that by pregnancy number 4, I would know.  But my water has only ever broken at the hospital.  I've gone to the hospital in early labor twice and been induced from no contractions once. 

E&L will be heading for the States 2 weeks from today.  They will get here on the 23rd.  Our case manager is off of work from the 17-29 and the OB is off from 23-27.  So basically, the most convenient date to deliver is the 30 I think.  But the OB will be on the labor and delivery deck for duty on the 29 so she said that was a good day to have a baby.  But with these contractions... only time will tell if Teacup will cooperate!!

Tomorrow is my first cervical check to see if I am dilating or effacing at all.  So hang tight for an update tomorrow to see how things are going. 

I am also having higher than (my) normal blood pressure but nothing alarming to the medical providers at all. I am also having pitting edema that is ugly and of course it is not comfortable.  The excessively high heart rate is still making me feel pretty crummy. I often have to sit to finish cooking while sitting on a bar stool or sit repeatedly to do laundry. 

 Belly photo and weekly updates!





Now off to rest some.  Rest has not come easy anymore... To pee every 1.5 hours all night and to have numbness in one leg from nerve stuff while pregnant, the other hip hurts because it is the only way I can actually lay down.  Plus now I wake up with numb hands. This morning, I couldn't even turn my alarm off because I couldn't grab my phone! LOL Its all typical end of pregnancy woes!!

More of an update tomorrow!

ALSO  *****Don't forget to cast your votes for the baby pool in the last post!  I would love to get some of E&L's friends and family in on the guessing fun!****

No comments:

Post a Comment