Friday, December 11, 2015

Status update!

So these next few updates could have some TMI in it for some people!  So just be warned!!

This morning I lost my mucous plug and I have been having contractions pretty strongly all day.  This afternoon I had a small gush of fluid so I waited for a few hours then went over to L&D just to get it checked out.  We needed to know if IPs needed to come early.  So with that being said, I had an ultrasound and the fluid around teacup looked just fine and upon speculum exam, the doctor could see the membranes and fortunately, the membranes are in tact and we are not currently leaking. I was contracting on the monitor though (7-10 minutes apart) so the doctor is thinking it could be early labor.  My blood pressure was pretty high (especially for me) 134/86, but not high enough to be concerning.  My pulse was high and kept having the alarm go off.  Teacup looked great on the monitor with no decels.  She is happy in there right now so that is great.


The providers and nurses were exceptional!  My doula came with me just to check out the facility as she has not attended a birth there so I had company while there. 

With all of this being said, E&L have opted to come earlier than anticipated as they want to be the first ones to greet their sweet girl when she comes earth side! So they will be here MUCH sooner than later but I do not have specific details at this time!  So everyone worrying if they would make it or not, the attending physician felt certain they could be here in time so all is good here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment