Friday, December 18, 2015

Teacup has arrived!

I just wanted to post a quick little update about teacup's arrival as I just got home today

But first, I wanted to introduce everyone to team Teacup from a get together on Monday the 14th.  From left to right is my Amazing Doula Melissa, Teacup's Daddy E, myself, Teacup, Teacup's mummy, and my wonderful photographer Julie.   I will definitely get more into everyone's part on the team in my longer update/birth story, but just because we took these photos, I had to add them since I didn't get the time to prior to her arrival.

Because who doesn't like to have fun!!!
Teacup finally has a name!  It is a trendy and modern variation of Agnes which is an old traditional name but I won't post her actual spelling or middle name for privacy reasons. She was born at 4:30am on December 17 after a very long and exciting labor and delivery.  I will post details in the birth story once I have the photographs of the labor and the photos from her mummy and daddy that I have approval to post of her from their cameras as well but I still wanted to introduce and introduce her before I have those ready!

Here is a photo that just shows the sentiments of how the environment was in the delivery room -- two beautiful and kind souls waiting to meet their daughter while showing such love to each other.  It really was a beautiful dynamic to witness when this dream finally came true for everyone involved.




Without further ado, here is the beautiful Ms. Teacup after she made it earth-side.  She was 8lbs11oz (3.94kg or 3940g) and 21 inches long (about 53cm).  She is a very large and healthy baby and everyone is doing well.  She rarely cried while we were at the hospital as she just squeaked occasionally.  Mummy and daddy learned so much in their first 24 hours and are such doting parents.  There was never a moment where one of them were not awake just watching their sweet daughter sleep.  I will post more of a story later, but please welcome Baby A to this world and offer a word of congratulations to the parents in the comments on the blog as they are not on my FB so the only way they can see comments is on the blog!!  


Thank you for everyone's unwavering support -- those near and far and even those I have never met but I know are supporting either me or the parents!  The support has been astounding and it has made such a difference to this journey! 

PS My friend Colleen won the baby pool with her guesses on date, time, weight, length, baby name, hair color and eye color -- You weren't really the innocent bystander!! LOL

11 comments:

  1. She is beautiful ans shares my sons birthday! How perfect she is, I bet her parent are over the the moon. You are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you all! I am so happy for the parents and am very proud of you Melanie! Wish I could have been by your side but i know you had a great team. Cant wait to see the rest of the photos and read the birth story.


    Stephanie L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shes PERFECT!!! Teacups mom is team ginger!!! Is teacup?!!! I love this. All of it. What a team!! -Anna C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting and congrats to all! Having 4 daughters myself I know how she will be spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to all! So proud of and amazed by you Melanie! Happy Birthday and a warm welcome to the world baby A! Many blessings to this beautiful family of health and joyous memories for the years to come!
    Misha R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful. Congratulations to all of you on this amazing day. This entire situation has been amazing to be a witness to. You are such an amazing woman with an amazing family and teacups parents were lucky to have found you. I'm so happy for all of you. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how precious!! She's perfect! Look at that little chin!! Totally kissable!!! Congratulations to the new parents of such a beautiful baby girl!!! Much happiness and many blessings for all!!!
    Rebecca Galloway

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful journey for such an amazing reason!
    Welcome, Teacup! Congratulations to the new parents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats - what an amazing journey and women you are for so many reasons and loving support of your family in this gift of life. I'm humbled - you did it and in such "good form" as any brit would say! Big hug to my girl Leah - miss my mini me! Speedy recovery my love - miss "all yall"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations new mom and dad . I am so happy Mel could make your dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for letting me be part of the journey! I cannot believe it was 39 weeks ago I witnessed the transfer! I am so happy for you and the wonderful family you blessed with such a beautiful little lady!

    ReplyDelete